FPX, LLC is searching for a Solution Developer to join the Expert Services team to help implement client CPQ Solutions. This position centers around writing great software and consulting with some of the largest firms in the world to facilitate business transformation and quoting/selling/ordering process improvement.
Description of Role
The right Solution Developer will be a very capable developer with an understanding of current technology, the pros and cons of various design patterns, and an ability to convey difficult concepts to a non-technical audience to ensure the best possible decision is always made. Additional responsibilities include taking part in client design sessions, researching, implementing, testing, debugging, maintaining, and improving client software solutions pre and post deployment.
Collaboration is an integral part of the job, as developers frequently consult and take direction from management, clients, and other developers to solve technical challenges and determine the requirements of the software system. Developers should be natural problem-solvers who possess strong analytical skills and the ability to think outside the box. The Solution Developer will be tasked with creating a work product from scratch or working off a list of requirements to a customer's specifications.
The person needs an ability to share and communicate ideas verbally, both orally and in writing, to FPX’s customers, executive staff, business sponsors, and technical resources in clear concise language that is the parlance of each group.
The core responsibilities are:
- You have a desire to truly understand FPX’s client’s needs and strive to deliver a solution that meets those needs.
- You must be eager to code—coding is not optional—neither is good design, testing, documentation, or critical review from your peers.
- You come to work to make a difference, to contribute to the competitiveness of our clients, and in doing so, to the competitiveness of our company.
- You are someone who co-workers will go to for help in your areas of expertise. Your position of influence and authority is a function not of your job title, but your competence, output, and your ability to help others.
- You take pride in your work, as evidenced by your need to understand it, your need to explain it, and your need to refine it.
- Over time, you are expected to contribute to the strategy. Immediately, you are required to bring it to life, to execute it well.
- You can deal with ambiguity, helping our people and our customers to elaborate and refine their needs.
- You have a desire to truly understand our customer’s needs and strive to deliver a solution that meets those needs.
- You are willing to travel up to 35% when engaged on a customer project.
Skills you should have:
- Solid Java fundamentals—including a good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns.
- Demonstrable problem-solving skills
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- A breadth of knowledge with some expertise in multiple domains
- Experience writing applications of several types
- Distributed systems experience
- Effective team collaboration skills
- Provide quality assurance for services within the solution area
- Experience with relational database schemas
- Salesforce.com, SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics integration experience
We don't expect anyone to meet all of the above criteria. We do expect that for those areas lacking, there is a sincere interest in improving, as we will seek to develop them.