Position Title: SaaS System Engineer
Reports to: VP, SaaS Operations; work direction from SaaS Team Lead
The SaaS System Engineer is part of a team responsible for monitoring and maintaining all FPX cloud infrastructure supporting FPX customers and development.
- Install, configure and upgrade FPX SaaS applications.
- Install, configure, upgrade and support administration of FPX cloud infrastructure.
- Manage cloud environments ensuring compliance with FPX security and recovery policies.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation acting as point of contact for incident management.
- Monitor availability and performance to ensure SLAs are met or exceeded.
- Develop and publish documentation on environments and processes governing FPX cloud infrastructure.
- Work with cross-departmental teams to help evaluate the FPX SaaS cloud systems for possible defects and enhancements to ensure customers receive the highest level of quality service from the cloud systems hardware and software.
- Participate in the development of architecting enterprise networks, computer systems and database technologies.
- Develop methods/processes to improve overall management and development of enterprise systems.
- Ensure effective communication of project status, operational issues, escalations, and vendor relations.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (i.e. Information Systems, Computer Science) or comparable experience
- Excellent written, verbal communication and analytical skills
- Detail oriented, organized, and focused on results
- 3 – 5 years working in a technical, collaborative environment
- Minimum of 2 year of Microsoft Azure administration including Compute, Storage, and Network
Required Skills (minimum of Intermediate skills):
- In-depth Linux (primary) and Microsoft Windows server (secondary) administration experience
- Pipeline development and administration (i.e. Jenkins)
- Experience with scripting languages
- Infrastructure provisioning and management (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Tomcat or other servlet container management experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL and Microsoft SQL server/database
- Applied development experience in the DevOps technology space.
- Documentation and diagramming (Visio and/or Lucid Charts preferred)
Preferred Experience (Nice to have):
- Azure Cloud Platform certification.
- Management of container-based environment (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Knowledge of cloud computing, data security, and network architectures
- Understanding of database architectures
- Experience with load balancer administration
- Experience with Linux distributions including Red Hat and Ubuntu
- Experience with Elastic APM, JMX, syslog, and other monitoring methods
- SIEM and Log Correlation knowledge and experience