FPX provides a Software as a service (SaaS) selling engine that powers consistent, compelling buying and selling experiences for complex configurable offerings! There are over 200,000 FPX Select-Configure-Price-Quote (SCPQ) users in the manufacturing industry and they process billions of dollars of quotes and orders each year. Some clients include Honeywell Building Solutions, Baker Hughes, Lennox, Hitachi Vantara, HID Global, and Pentair.
The Market Development Representative mission is to find and develop new business for FPX by securing mutual discovery calls with key influencers and decision-makers at target accounts. You will fill the sales pipeline with qualified opportunities while gathering information about the market and prospective
Opportunities to Learn and Advance
This role is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a high performance, high energy team driving to greatness. This role is a gateway to other roles in marketing, account management, sales engineering, or outside sales roles at FPX.
- Educate the market and increase the level of awareness of the FPX brand
- Execute high volume and quality activity to connect with all accounts within assigned territories
- Meet and strive to exceed all monthly, quarterly, and annual sales quotas
- Ensure and maintain a healthy sales opportunity pipeline
- Build and maintain rapport with prospects by gaining a clear understanding of their business, objectives, and positioning positive business outcomes
- Overcome objections and effectively communicate FPX value proposition with prospects via telephone, email, InMail, text, video, and social networks
- Discover and educate new stakeholders
- Prepare customized function-focused elevator pitch presentations
- Timely follow up to inbound inquiries
- Stay current on competitor product offerings and industry trends
- Gather, update, and maintain essential statistical prospect information
- Maintain effective and efficient product knowledge of FPX offerings
- Participate in trade shows, sales meetings, sales training, and other venues deemed necessary
- Work closely with Marketing to execute on campaigns and provide feedback on what’s working and what’s not
- Align and work closely with territory sales executives to strategically target accounts
- Be a key player in improving overall marketing and sales productivity
Qualifications and Requirements
- 1+ years of sales experience or business development (inbound and outbound) activities
- Bachelor or University Degree Preferred
- Passion to build a career in technology
- A competitive, positive, energetic, enthusiastic, forward-thinking, and ambitious individual
- Must be competent with at least one CRM (Dynamics, Salesforce, HubSpot, Pipeliner, PipeDrive, Nimble, etc.), Sales Acceleration platform (SalesLoft, Outreach, etc.) or Marketing Automation platform (Hubspot, Pardot, Marketo, Eloqua, etc.)
- Must be competent with LinkedIn Premium or Sales Navigator
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong project and time management skills
- Must be detail-oriented and accurate
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team to successfully meet objectives
- Demonstrated self-starter with the ability to think outside the box and take initiative to tackle projects/assignments, sometimes with a minimal definition of the scope
- Integrity and the highest ethical and professional standards
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be a driven individual with a relentless ambition for success
To stand out, you have experience in:
- B2B SaaS, especially with enterprise software sales.
- B2B eCommerce
- The manufacturing industry, especially in complex environments like Aerospace, Industrial Machinery & Components, Engineering to Order (ETO processes).
- Base salary plus commissions for production of sales-ready leads
We also offer a benefits package including medical, dental, unlimited paid time off (PTO), and mentorship.
This job description is intended to represent the general nature and level of work perf ormed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not meant to be a complete list of all responsibilities and may be subject to revisions or exceptions at any time at the discretion of management.