Reporting to the Chief Financial and Operating Officer, the Controller will be responsible for all general accounting, payroll and financial reporting. This role will have consistent exposure to the C-Level and external investors.
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements that are appropriate for all users and in accordance with US GAAP.
- Prepare and publish monthly reporting packages for distribution internally and to external investors.
- Cash flow management: billing, collecting, reconciliation and accounts payable.
- Regulatory: Manage and comply with local, state and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings. Note, for income, franchise and sales & use, we utilize third party advisors.
- Payroll processing: manage internally or outsource payroll processing
- Audits: coordinate external audit process with annual and bank auditors.
- GAAP: Research technical accounting issues for compliance.
- Systems & controls: Proactively seek to improve processes & systems to help scale our business.
- Ensure quality control over financial transaction and financial reporting.
- Liaise with external investors: private equity & lender.
- Experience as a controller or assistant controller for a recurring revenue company.
- Advanced degree in accounting or CPA
- Experience at Big 4 accounting firm
- Proficiency in GAAP
- Leadership: must be able to lead a team to high performance
- Excellent compensation and benefits package