FPX Business Development Representatives (BDRs) bridge the gap between sales and marketing, filling the sales pipeline with qualified opportunities while gathering information about a prospective client’s complex business-to-business (B2B) landscape. You have to enjoy meeting new people and talking with them, in-person, on the phone and online. BDRs are reliable, tenacious, discerning, and intellectually curious.
This is a B2B sales environment that requires positioning a solution to both IT and non-IT groups. The role focuses on identifying business need while also conducting information-gathering to help qualify opportunities for the sales organization through phone and email contact. You will be reaching out to people from C-level executives to individual contributors and breaking through the noise requires creativity and excellent understanding of how FPX solutions drive value for B2B customers. We're looking for professionals that want to develop in a fast-paced company, with the ability to adapt to constant change. This is a great role to take your current sales career in the tech industry to the next level in enterprise sales while working in a company that drives revenue for well-known brands like Honeywell, Daimler AG, Splunk, Dover Corporation and more.
Compared to Business Development roles at other tech companies, you will be given much more responsibility and autonomy. Because of this, the Business Development team has been a place to grow talent at FPX. Successful BDRs have the opportunity to move into outside sales, marketing, account management or sales engineering roles -- a testament to the quality we look for in a BDR.
As a Business Development Representative at FPX, you will:
- Educate and qualify prospects within Target Accounts --- developing sales-ready leads and opportunities
- Research organizations and relationships between prospects to create a penetration strategy
- Connect with prospects by phone and email, using CRM (Salesforce or MSCRM) as your system of process
- Drive demand in your territory through focused telephone campaigns, custom research, direct mail, and other innovative demand generation activities
- Demonstrate the ability to address each prospective customer's unique inquiry, while providing them with the appropriate information based on specific needs and interests of the prospect
- Timely follow-up to inbound website inquiries, marketing qualified leads, and referrals
- Align and work closely with territory sales executives to identify key players and accounts to develop
- Work closely with Marketing to execute on campaigns and events, as well as provide feedback on changes we can make for future Marketing activities
- Bachelor's degree
- Multiple years' experience working in professional sales settings
- A passion to build a sales career in technology
- Maturity in uncertainty as well as adaptability in a fast-paced, high-growth atmosphere
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills
To REALLY stand out, you have experience in:
- B2B SaaS, especially with enterprise software sales
- B2B eCommerce
- The manufacturing industry, especially in complex environments like Aerospace, Industrial Machinery & Components, Engineering to Order (ETO) processes