I don’t know about you, but at FPX, we’ve fully embraced the holiday spirit this year. And, as any dedicated fan of the ‘90s sitcom Seinfeld will tell you, the season of Festivus is officially upon us!
We’re happy to celebrate the annual, all-inclusive December 23rd traditions of Festivus, such as the “Airing of Grievances” and “Feats of Strength.” Perhaps we'll witness a true Festivus miracle before someone is challenged to pin the head of our household (well, no one actually wants to try wrestling the boss).
Clearly, we like to have fun this time of year, but this pop-culture holiday got us thinking, how can the spirit of Festivus relate to your business? So gather around the Festivus Pole and join us as we wrestle with applying our favorite Festivus traditions to a business/CPQ setting.
The Airing of Business Grievances
The celebration of Festivus officially begins with formal declarations of all that has disappointed you in the past year. Unfortunately, more than a few businesses will have to reflect on grievances similar to these this year:
"Our turnaround time for generating quotes and proposals takes too long."
- If your business is too slow in getting quotes and proposals in the hands of your customers, you’re driving them into the arms of competitors ("Hello, Newman.").
"Inaccurate orders are causing lost revenue and lost customer."
- Error-prone orders lead to extra costs, givebacks, and “make-it-right” funds, but worst of all, customer dissatisfaction.
"Our company is still using spreadsheets, legacy systems or homegrown tools to manage the quoting process."
- Manual or outdated quote-to-order processes are inefficient and do nothing to improve the user experience.
"We have a lack of quoting capabilities and support for channel sales partners and ecommerce users."
- Today’s buyers are more self-serving and don’t necessarily want the help of your direct sales teams. When your business is too complicated to deal with, you sell less. Plain and simple.
CPQ Feats of Strength
The Festivus celebration cannot be complete without customarily demonstrating "Feats of Strength." Therefore, we thought it fitting to highlight just a few of the strengths you can gain from CPQ:
- 100% Order Accuracy: CPQ establishes a single data-management source that allows you to deliver timely, 100% accurate product configurations and proposals 100% of the time.
- Guided Selling Functionality: Enable your sales teams, distribution partners, and end customers to buy exactly what they want as if guided by your best subject matter experts.
- Omnichannel Enablement: A single, unifying platform extending advanced quoting and configuration capabilities throughout all buying and selling interactions, CPQ initiates a true omnichannel strategy for your organization.
- An Improved User Experience: CPQ is the experience management platform that makes it easier for your sales teams and distributors to sell and for your customers to buy.
This Festivus holiday, take some time to think about how you can become a better business. We believe that the correct approach toward CPQ can create tangible outcomes that will last for years to come (really, a Festivus miracle!).
On behalf of everyone at FPX, we hope you have a very happy Festivus and extend our best wishes to you this holiday season.